Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Special Episode of All I Can Do is Shake My Head

As customary in my posts, please take a read of my daughter's blog at  http://sbmaige.blogspot.com/ A Godly woman who is sharing herself to the reading world. Please post a comment or two...The dialogue would be great. Now back to the special SMH.

I have read and watched this bill that the Republican led legislature in Virginia is working on passing in regards to abortion. They are requiring for a doctor to perform a trans-vaginal ultrasound if a woman requests an abortion. To clarify this, (especially for us guys) the concept of a trans-vaginal ultrasound involves the doctor sticking a probe inside the woman's vagina and perform the ultrasound. Ok, lets truly stop the car a minute and think about this.

Am I a fan of abortion??? No. I am not a fan of terminating a pregnancy for convenience sake. I do understand  an abortion in regards to rape, incest or the safety for the health and survival for the mother. Now that we have my stance out of the way, my rant starts.

These people are completely STUPID. The majority of the clown shoes that have placed these bill into rotation are white men. Let me pare that down further. Mostly MEN of proposed these laws. Even that doofus Santorum supports this. A little logic here....1) Who in the hell thinks that these guys know anything about a woman and her health? Really, these dudes know whats best for my wife and my daughter's health. I can imagine that a PAP Smear and those procedures really suck for a woman. But this ultrasound truly necessary to guilt a woman for having an abortion? This is crazy. But what gets me is the sheer hypocrisy of it all. These are the same jabronis that dropped a load in their shorts during the "Obamacare" debate and passage. What happened to the argument that government should stay out of the doctor's office? Or the "Government should be smaller" argument. Yet, they want to impose their will in the churches and bedrooms of our country. What these slack asses who claim to be Christian fail to understand is that God doesn't need their help. As Christians, we are supposed to bring the Good News to the people. How does this bring anyone closer to Christ? Please help me here....People are out of work, people ore hungry, people are poor, people are hurting and this is truly all you can come up with? Citizens of Virginia, get a clue and vote these clowns shoes out as soon as possible. Just my .02 cents worth....

5 comments:

M.A.I.G.E said...

Make it plain, and crystal clear DC. I like the sonogram idea, but I don't approve of the (forced)guilt trip. The holy spirit was placed here to convict, but is a gentleman about it.
The sonogram is letting people think twice about the decision.
I don't agree with abortion and I do believe it is wrong.
What I do know is that God does NOT make mistakes and due to this world of sin we live in, things happen that we cannot control, but I believe that if there is a living being inside of you then God will protect and provide for you and your seed.
That's just my view...Don't hate or judge me for it.
I also think that the US needs to take a loooooong meeting and get back to the roots of what their business truly involves their opinion and regulation. Things need to change in the Offices of the gov't if you ask me.

Unknown said...

I don't judge you at all lil girl. The problem of all this that I have is that a doctor would be required to stick a probe in your vagina to do the sonogram. There are other methods of doing a sonogram than that. That is a violation straight up and down. Because that procedure is medically unnecessary.

Brad said...

It's late, not sure I'll phrase all my comments right. First, Yeah, I disagree with the law. Having made that plain, I'll now go on to defend it, before saying again that I disagree with it.

First, why not abortion? We either disapprove of abortion on the grounds of "cessation of life" or on the grounds of flippancy and "all things in moderation". Most people who oppose abortion choose the former, though some seem to tolerate the latter.

Given the "cessation of life" argument ... which we often call "murder" ... I will say that people have proposed far more aggressive anti-abortion approaches on the grounds of "by any means necessary". That is, if a "forced shaved head" policy kept just one baby from dying, then wouldn't it be worth it? (I've even heard people argue that abortion doctors are akin to Nazi prison camp guards ... you see where that leads rather quickly.)

So, yes, I can see the defense of the policy. If this intrusive, abusive, invasive policy keeps a few kids from the slaughter, then it's a good thing.

But no, I don't like the policy. There are other ways to go about this. (And the "shaved head" thing - a bit too much "scarlet letter" for my tastes.)

OK, back to the Oscars with my wife (you heard me). Seriously, feedback in the mics at the Oscars? Offensive.

Unknown said...

@Brad: I can't stand the Oscars. Actually no one in my house does...we watched the Food Network instead. Overall a good night. On to the blog, I will not defend abortion except for rape, incest and life of the mother. If people want to over turn Roe v Wade then do it right. These clown shoes in Virginia should be ashamed.

Brad said...

I go a little farther. I do not defend abortion in cases of rape or incest ... the children shall not bear the sins of the father. But in cases where the life of the mother is at risk, then of course. Difficult and tearful decisions, but life is life and should be defended on both fronts.

As for the notion of "overturning" Roe v. Wade - I'd say we're a bit far afield. First, Roe was (in my humble opinion) wrongly decided. The notion that there is some ubiquitous right to abortion that is defined nowhere in the constitution (and thus, by rule, reverted outside federal jurisdiction) is ridiculous. Further, the Virginia legislature can hardly do ANYTHING to overturn Roe. It would take a president / congress willing to appoint constitutionalist judges (who would interpret the thing as it is written) AND the departure of a sitting justice. This is outside the Virginia legislature. And, while we're taking political notes, WELL OUTSIDE anything that a Democratic president or congress would allow. Say what you will about Republicans (I will say far worse) they seem to be the only ones who even sniff at appointing constructionists to the Supreme Court.